The Government of Guyana (GoG) is desirous of restarting the Amaila Falls Hydro Project, consistent with the Summary Scope of Work outlined below and project structure last deﬁned in Q1 2015. The GoG desires the start of construction by the second half of 2022, with project completion and commissioning by the end of 2025.
GPL’s current Development and Expansion (D&E) Plan for 2021 to 2025, projects the total capacity required in 2025 as 465 MW and energy of 2,900 GWH. The GOG proposes an energy mix that will utilize both natural gas, Heavy Fuel Oil, and renewables (hydro, wind, solar). In 2026, the GoG expects demand to be met by dispatching from its lowest cost of supply, which is expected to be derived from gas (up to 300 MW), Amaila (165 MW), and other renewables and non-renewable capacity to make up any balance or serve as back-up.
In a joint venture project, Excel Guyana is able to provide the following services:
- Government Relations and Orientation
- Human Resources, and Training Development
- Site and Executive Security
- Employee Relocation and Immigration
- Investment Opportunities and Financial Transactions
- Business Brokering
- Business Development
- Occupational Health and Safety
- Expert Accounting
- Corporate Formation and Governance
- Exploration Camp Management
- Procurement, Equipment
- Rentals, and Logistics
- Aerial Survey and GIS Services
Download Excel Guyana Brochure (PDF)
Bids are due on September 26, 2021.
Interested organizations should contact:
Kris Sammy, Chief Executive Officer